The winners were announced at a livestream event on October 22, 2020
New York NY – October 23, 2020 – Salesfloor, the industry-leading mobile application designed for store associates, announced the winners of the first annual Associates of the Year Awards at a livestream event on October 22. The awards are designed to shine the spotlight on store associates and store managers who are delivering personalized experiences for shoppers and building and nurturing relationships with consumers.
The initial nomination period which began on July 28, 2020 was followed by a round of public voting where the finalists were determined. The winners were then selected by the panel of judges, which included:
- Carl Boutet, Chief Strategist, Studio Rx & Managing Director, CQIC
- Ann Joyce Former CIO/COO Ralph Lauren, Aeropostale, Chico’s FAS
- Bob Phibbs, CEO, The Retail Doctor
- Cathy Hotka, Principal at Cathy Hotka and Associates
- Paula Levy, Chief Strategy Officer, Demand Worldwide
- Ben Rodier, Chief Client Officer, Salesfloor
“We are so proud of all the nominees, finalists, and especially the winners of this year’s awards. It is such a privilege for us to be able to recognize them for their achievements,” said Osar Sachs, CEO at Salesfloor. “We were thrilled to have received over 400 nominations, each of them describing why the particular store associate should win the award. It was truly heartwarming to read through those testimonials, both because the stories were extremely inspiring and to see the incredible support between colleagues in the retail industry.”
The 2020 Associates of the Year Awards winners are:
- Best Customer Experience Associate: Janae Campbell, ba&sh in California
- Best Omnichannel Associate: Amanda Adams, Bloomingdale’s in California
- Star Associate of the Year: Jennifer Buttler, Chico’s FAS in Florida
The winners were awarded a trophy and a copy of Ron Thurston’s book, Retail Pride.
The livestream event also included a fireside chat with Carl Boutet and Ann Joyce. Carl Boutet is a retail strategist and board advisor, founder of Studio Rx and Managing Director at the Quebec Center for Innovation in Commerce. Ann Joyce has held the dual role of Chief Operations and Information Officer at Chico’s FAS, and served as SVP and CIO at global retailer Aeropostale. They shared insights on the impact COVID-19 has had on the role of store associates and key takeaways for store workers to drive sales and provide personalized customer experiences.
View the livestream recording where the winners were announced, or visit the Salesfloor website for more information.